Now, Checkra1n is also available on other Linux distributions. CLI builds are available for x86_64, arm, arm64, and i486 CPU types. In this guide, you will find out how to run Ubuntu from USB stick (without a need in full installation on your Linux OS hard drive). After that, all you need to do is download the latest Checkra1n binary for your CPU and run CLI. If you have sufficient knowledge, you can use any distribution base (Debian, Linux Mint, etc.). It this guide, we used Ubuntu distribution.
What we need:
- Windows PC with 64-bit Intel or AMD processor;
- USB flash drive with 8 GB, or more, capacity
- Donwload ubuntu-19_10-desktop-amd64.iso
- Donwload UNetbootin - Donwload UNetbootin - UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions without CD burning.
Step By Step Guide for iOS 12 up to 13.x.x. Jailbreak using Ubuntu Linux Live USB
- 1. Download and install UNetbootin.
- 2. Insert your USB flash drive.
- 3. Run Unetbootin.
- 4. Click "..." and find the image you’ve downloaded. To find downloads on your PC, select File Explorer from the taskbar, or press Windows logo key + E. Under Quick access, select Downloads. You can also find your Downloads folder under This PC.
- 5. Click "Ok", and wait for three minutes. You're done!
- 6. To run a bootable Ubuntu USB flash drive, you need to configure your BIOS so that it primarily loads data from the Flash drive, not from the HDD. To do so, you need to go into BIOS control window of your computer. This can be done by pressing a shortcut key (Del, F2) at the moment when computer was turned on and before the operating system loading.
Set necessary boot queue so that the bootable Flash disk with Ubuntu boots first, then save settings and restart your computer with the assigned key, for example, it’s F10.
- 7. Restart PC and Boot from USB.
- 8. No need to install the system, just start Ubuntu from the flash drive, select -> Try Ubuntu.
- 9. After Ubuntu is loaded, you need to open terminal (you can copy-paste code from the example!)
and enter commands into the terminal:
echo "deb https://assets.checkra.in/debian /" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys https://assets.checkra.in/debian/archive.key
You can use the following command to install Checkra1n:
sudo apt-get install checkra1n
You can use the following command to run Checkra1n:
sudo /usr/bin/checkra1n -g
Or search Checkra1n in the programs and run it to implement jailbreak.
- 10. Connect your device to the computer, click "Start". Use a cable -> USB - Lightning, USB Type-C - Lightning will not work!
Allow untested iOS / iPadOS / tvOS version - should be used if the iOS version on your device is newer than the one that supports checkra1n.
Safe Mode - it is worth using if you experience problems with the device after installing a particular tweak, in this mode you can remove a conflict tweak and jailbreak it in normal mode.
Verbose Boot - this mode displays textual information about all ongoing processes on the device at startup.
- 11. Checkra1n will tell you to put your device into recovery mode, click “Next”, the program will do everything automatically.
- 12. After your device is put into recovery mode, Checkra1n will offer you to put your device into DFU mode, do it by following the instructions below -> "Start".
- 13. After your device in DFU mode is detected, Checkra1n will automatically jailbreak and boot it.