Useful UNC0VER JAILBREAK REVIEW for Windows, Mac, Linux. One of the best iOS 11 - 14.3 jailbreaks for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
Unc0ver Jailbreak Review
Users whose iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is running iOS 11 - 14.3 can remove Apple restrictions from their firmware. Read the Unc0ver Jailbreak review to learn how this tool is ready to free you from the limitations.
The latest version of Unc0ver Jailbreak is v7.0.2. You can download it from the official website unc0ver.dev to enjoy way more than initially allowed.
Different jailbreak tools allow Apple users to remove all restrictions from the iOS gadgets and enjoy way more apps, settings, and options than a non-jailbroken device has.
However, the market has more than one jailbreaking solutions. So, it is best to read reviews and choose your best chance, depending on your device model and iOS version. Read our Unc0ver Jailbreak review, and dive into its lake of opportunities and freedoms.
List of Unc0ver Jailbreak Compatible Devices and iOS Versions
This iOS 11.0 - 14.3 jailbreak will let you change whatever you want on a compatible mobile device. It is an advanced solution for those users who are not afraid to go against Apple rules.
Supported Unc0ver operating systems are:
It is compatible with a wide variety of iOS firmware versions, beginning from iOS 11.0 and through iOS 14.3. So, if you are using iOS 12.5, iOS 13.7, iOS 14.2, and many other versions, you can give it a try.
List of Unc0ver Jailbreak compatible mobile devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 12 (Pro, Mini, Pro Max), SE, 11 (Pro, Pro Max), 7 (Plus), 8 (Plus), 6 and 6s (Plus), X;
- iPad mini (2, 3, 4, 5), Air (2, 3 and 2019 release), 1st generation 10.5-inch Pro and 2nd generation 12.9-inch Pro;
- iPod touch 6G.
Unc0ver Jailbreak for Mac: Review
Users who have a macOS device and wish to jailbreak their iOS 11 - 14.3 mobile gadget with Unc0ver have to follow a particular instruction. It is a must to download the AltStore, Xcode, or Cydia Impactor.
If you are an ordinary user (not a developer), you can choose one of the two methods: AltStore or Xcode.
AltStore Jailbreaking Method
- Step 1. Get the AltStore (https://www.altstore.io/) for your macOS computer, unzip this folder, and open Applications on Mac - you must move your AltStore app here.
- Step 2. Launch the downloaded app. Find its icon in your Menu Bar, click it and select "Install Mail Plug-in" to continue. You will have to launch the Mail application and, in its menu, choose Mail - Preferences - General - Manage Plug-ins where you can select AltPlugin. Once done, restart the Mail app.
- Step 3. Use a USB cable to connect the compatible iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your Mac. From the menu bar, choose AltStore and press the button to "Install" it on your particular mobile gadget. The installation process will require you to log in using the correct Apple ID.
- Step 4. Launch Settings on the iOS gadget, go to General, and choose Device Management. Here you should click your Apple ID and "trust" AltStore to proceed. Once you see the "Open in AltStore" option, press it to let the application install. Be patient during this procedure, and then launch unc0ver and finally jailbreak your iOS 11 - 14.3 device.
Xcode Jailbreaking Method
Unlike with the AltStore installation, the Xcode jailbreak option requires the use of the iOS App Signer and advanced developer skills. Here is the review of this process:
- Step 1. Get Xcode for your macOS computer, launch it (you will be prompted to accept the license agreement), and connect the supported iPhone 5x - SE, iPad, or iPod touch to Mac. You will have to select the connected mobile gadget as the build target.
- Step 2. After opening Xcode, you will have to make a new iOS app, enter your name and create an identifier. When the tool tells you that it lacks the provisioning profile, press "fix" to solve this issue and sign in with your Apple ID when the software asks you.
- Step 3. Follow this link (https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/) to download iOS App Signer and then get the Unco0ver from https://unc0ver.dev/.
- Step 4. When you launch the iOS App Signer, you need to choose the IPA file as "input" and press "Start." Get back to the Xcode, and from the menu, select Window - Devices and look for your device. Then press the plus sign and choose the file that App Signer created.
Finally, launch unc0ver and run the jailbreak on a compatible gadget.
Cydia Impactor Jailbreak Guide
Only users with an Apple developer account can use Cydia Impactor to succeed with Unc0ver iOS Jailbreak on macOS computers.
- Step 1. You will need to get Cydia Impactor (http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/) and extract this app file onto your Mac. Launch the application.
- Step 2. Use the cable to connect the iOS gadget to a Mac and download unc0ver Jailbreak. You will have to place the IPA file into the Cydia Impactor window. After this, it is a must to type in the Apple ID and password from your Apple dev account. Users who prefer the 2-factor authentication are prompted to create an application-unique passcode to use now.
- Step 3. Go to Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and choose General - Device Management, where you can click your Apple ID. Before you can open the Unc0ver Jailbreak, you must trust it. Then jailbreak iOS 11 - 14.3 and enjoy the success.
Unc0ver Jailbreak for Windows: Review
Windows users should also review Unc0ver Jailbreak before running it on their computers and free iOS 11 - 14.3 gadgets from all possible restrictions.
You cannot use the Xcode method if you have Windows PC. But you still can make the software jailbreak your compatible iDevice through AltStore or your developer's account and Cydia Impactor.
How to Using AltStore Option on Windows
Before you can download AltStore from altstore.io for your computer, you should get iTunes for Win32 (https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win32) or Win64 (https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64).
- Step 1. You must "Extract All" once you save the zip folders. Do this by right-clicking the folder. Then install the AltStore following user-friendly on-screen guidelines that appear after you double-click the "Setup.exe" file. To open the installed app, click the Windows key and enter "AltServer".
- Step 2. Look at the taskbar. There is an arrow there next to the network image. Once you click it, it will show you a menu. Find the logo shaped like a diamond ("AltServer") by hovering over it and click it. Now hover over "Install AltStore," then choose your mobile gadget.
- Step 3. The software will want you to type in the Apple ID with a passcode. Then you can take your iDevice and go to Settings - select General menu and in Device Management click the Apple ID.
You will need to trust AltStore to make it work. After this, you can "Open in AltStore" and enter your Apple ID once again if asked. Now the tool will install the software, and you can launch Unc0ver to jailbreak your iDevice.
Using Cydia Impactor on Windows Computers: Instruction
While you don't have to download AltStore, you still have to download iTunes for your version of Windows PC (you can use the links above), get the unc0ver Jailbreak tool from its official site unc0ver.dev, and have access to your Apple dev account.
- Step 1. Use cydiaimpactor.com to get Cydia Impactor for Windows, extract this file, and then launch it.
Once done, you need to connect the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your personal computer.
- Step 2. Open Impactor and drag the IPA Unc0ver file into Impactor.
The software will make you enter the Apple ID/passcode from a dev account. If you prefer the 2-factor authentication, you might have to create a unique password specific to the app and enter it.
- Step 3. On the iDevice, get to Device Management (find it under Settings - General menu) and click your Apple ID. You must trust unc0ver to launch it and perform the iOS jailbreak.
Unc0ver Jailbreak for Linux: Review
The in-depth unc0ver Jailbreak review for Linux users can include only one jailbreaking instruction. Unlike Mac and Windows users, these people can only succeed through Cydia Impactor. Thus, a dev account with Apple is a must have.
Here is a detailed walkthrough for Linux users who wish to jailbreak their iOS 11 - 14.3 gadget with unc0ver.
- Step 1. Visit the cydiaimpactor.com site and get your version of this software. The file needs to be extracted to launch it.
- Step 2. Now the iOS gadget must be connected to your Linux computer. After this, you should download unc0ver from unc0ver.dev and drag its IPA into the Impactor window. Ensure that you have a dev account and type in your login credentials.
- Step 3. Get to your iOS Device Management by launching Settings and then the General menu. Click your Apple ID and trust the Jailbreak tool.
After this, you can launch unc0ver and jailbreak your iOS 11 - 14.3.
Once you read our unc0ver Jailbreak review and detailed instructions for jailbreaking iOS 11-14 devices, you can use the updated tool (latest v6.2.0). Unlike many other jailbreaks, this particular software can run on Mac, Windows, and Linux computers. Thus, every user has a chance to remove Apple restrictions and enjoy all possible features and functions a jailbroken gadget can offer.